Monday 30 December 2013

Goodbye (ish) to the Grumbling Gourmet



After a most enjoyable few years with the Grumbling Gourmet, I've decided to bring the curtain down on the regular reviews. 

I've loved writing these, and despite the blog starting as a very personal project with an expected readership of my mum and my Auntie Pat, it's been great to watch audiences grow over time to current levels. Sadly (or not if you're my accountant) recent work projects have been growing and I'm unlikely to be able to devote as much time to writing these meals up.

It doesn't mean that I won't be eating out anymore... And it does mean that I might find time to go back to a few of the places I've dived through a few months after opening, pronounced lovely, and disappeared into the sunset.

It doesn't mean that I won't be writing about it either. I've had a few professional travel and food commissions in the time I've been doing this, and while they wouldn't keep the wolf from the door, they've been an enormously enjoyable challenge. I've also got some ideas for other writing that I might very well be testing out on some of you further down the line...

And it doesn't mean that I won't be telling you about the latest restaurants, bars and cafés that I've seen or been to. I'll keep London, New York and my other city maps up to date and given that I've got several recent trips to map and get to be in Berlin for much of the spring, will definitely be adding to these. I'll also occasionally be posting 'best of this' and 'best of that' lists to Twitter (@richmajor if you're not already following) and Facebook, so look out for those.

What it does mean is that you're going to have to find a new reviewer / blogger to read for your regular fix... There's plenty of them out there (the good, the bad and the ugly) so h
ave a great year and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment