Friday 15 March 2013

Simply the BEST - March 2013

Right... I'm off. Not forever, but certainly for the next six weeks. I'm going to China! I'll certainly be doing a lot of eating, and will probably be writing about it or taking out of focus badly lit photos of most of it, but won't be updating the blog until I'm back so I'll see you in May. To quote Vinnie Jones, it's been emotional.

In other news, I'm going to try out a new style of semi-regular story when I get back - 'Simply the Best' - I'll give you my top five recommendations in a certain category, while also reviewing the first restaurant ballsy enough to class themselves as 'the best' in that category on Google.

To give you an example, type 'the Best Indian Restaurant in London' into Google, and the first restaurant prepared to ascribe themselves that title is the venerable Gaylord Indian restaurant on Mortimer Street, beloved of corpulent middle aged salesmen and those schoolboys still tittering at the name. 

Check back after the 1st May to find out what I thought of Gaylord (stop it now) and we'll take it from there...


1 comment: