Sunday 21 March 2010

Habits start... March 2010

WhereDean Street TownhouseThe Club at The IvyAngels & Gypsies and other usual suspects...
With whom: A veritable parade of reprobates
How much?: Far too much for a man on my salary...

Desperately trying to stop this turning into a temporary project, but I've got some form of new bloggers anxiety about what is worth writing about... I'm sure that KristaSimon MajumdarTeh Bus and others I read and enjoy felt (or feel!) exactly the same thing. Still, I have spent March pulling back on the new and reverting to comfortable type... I don't know whether that's in response to the impending trip to NYC or the last vestiges of Winter, but it has to stop.

This month I've mostly been retreading old ground and eating comforting food... What have I to report? 


The Ivy (and the Club at The Ivy)
The Club Curry at the Ivy is mild but beautifully flavoured, the pie is (every single time so far) wonderful and the hot dog is a hot dog. Don't go to the Ivy for a hot dog. It will disappoint... what was I expecting though?


Dean Street Townhouse
Just when I thought I'd worked my way through the menu once, they go and tweak it! Still never had my own portion of the mince and potatoes... it's only mince and potatoes. How good can it be? Particularly when they have so many other perfect dishes. Treacle sponge is temporarily ginger sponge though.. not sure...


Angels & Gypsies
Back in a raucous group with Vole, The Ginger Prince (and new squeeze), Science Boy and others for J School and Proud's birthday... We panicked them, i think it's fair to say.. many, many portions, still only £30 per head with a lot of wine and they coped well but boy do they need to work on their attitude!


The Star in Soho
Forgotten about this place... Lovely, quiet, nice couple of small plates over a glass of wine and a career crisis with Drama Queen. No, it's no Dehesa, Barafina or Fino but it's a nice little spot. Won't do a review as we had two things to share, but it's a nice drop of old Soho and worth popping in when you're in the area.


Market Place and the Phoenix
Pub food in W1 prior to work comedy night (watching not performing) did what it needed to, can't remember enough to care about what it was like...


Pho
Again and again and again... Many lunches in here, always makes me feel a little bit healthier than I was when I walked in. Unlike...


Tortilla
the other work favourite. Definitely worth a write up (with pics) soon.. I like it, but I couldn't do a burrito for lunch too often! 

1 comment:

  1. 'Science Boy'? That's Dr Science, to you.

    ReplyDelete